We Love Our Alumni!
The Opportunity & Challenge
Did you know that there are 16 million living Club alumni? Alumni represent Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s largest affinity group; they uniquely, know what the Club means to the millions of youth we serve each year. Consider these statistics:
- Over half of alumni said the Boys & Girls Club saved their life.
- Nearly 70% of alumni said that the Boys & Girls Club was the ONLY place to go after school.
- 88% said the Club was one of the best things available to kids in their community.
- Over 80% would encourage a young person to join today.
- 37% of alumni said that without the Club, they would not have gone to college.
Our core strategies to build our Alumni & Friends community, include:
- Engaging our corporate partners in leveraging Club Alumni who serve as corporate executives; outreach to employee networks; and cause marketing to consumers, fans and followers.
- Involving our celebrity Alumni in engaging their fans, followers and spheres of influence.
- Supporting our Clubs as they expand their local efforts to find and engage alumni.
- Maximizing new digital technologies and social media to improve our membership experiences and offer better paths for engagement in learning and networking
- Receive updates from Boys & Girls Clubs and highlights on Alumni happenings
- Engage in networking and connect with their hometown or local Club.
- Share their story to contribute to a bank of resources that can be leveraged for national spotlights, social promotions and advocacy efforts.
- College & Career Resources: Jobs, Internships, Scholarships
- Online Mentoring (Alum to Alum)
- Leadership & Service Opportunities
Join Alumni & Friends
The Boys & Girls Club saved my life. It made me who I am today, and gave me a Great Future. I’m a proud member of the Alumni Club. I’m ready to take a stand for the next generation.
Mona Dixon, 2010 National Youth of the Year
Ways to Recruit Alumni
- Alumni Video
- Social Media Assets
- Email Templates
- Graduation Cards
- Desktop Screen Saver / TV Ads
Ways to Activate!
- Celebrate the Milestone transition from Member to Alumni! Host a graduation celebration and integrate an alumni induction ceremony. Play the video, ask Club members to make a commitment to serve the Boys & Girls Club mission for a lifetime, and share a message of congratulations with an official graduation card that welcomes members as alumni!
- Outreach to Graduating Seniors & Young AlumniLeverage Social Media Assets and Email Templates to reach out to your members via Facebook, Twitter and email.