Safety is Our #1 Priority
Ensuring child safety is fundamental to the vision and mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Mid Central Coast.
At the Boys & Girls Clubs of Mid Central Coast Child Safety is Our #1 Priority
Every day our team works to create an emotionally and physically safe and fun environment to enable kids to have every opportunity to be successful in life. We have NO tolerance for inappropriate behavior of any type, including bullying, child sexual abuse or misconduct.
Culture of Safety
We are continually working to keep our safety policies up-to-date and relevant to our communities and the children we serve. Our policies are designed to promote child safety and protect young people from threats. These policies and guidelines include:
- Incorporation of national safety standards
- Ongoing and annual staff and volunteer background checks
- Regular safety training for all staff (fire, intruder, earthquake etc.)
- First Aid, CPR & AED training for Staff
- Annual site safety assessments to make improvements
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Mid Central Coast have comprehensive safety policies and procedures in place to protect youth which include but are not limited to:
- Prohibiting private one-on-one contact
- Mandated Reporting
Mandatory Background Checks
Required Immediate Reporting
- Regular facility safety assessments
- Annual review of safety policies and procedures
- Meetings held bimonthly to discuss any critical incidents or safety concerns.
State and Local Laws
If you have any safety-related concerns or questions, please contact your local Club or our organization safety leaders at [email protected].
Additionally, the national organization offers a 24-hour hotline, 1-866-607-SAFE.