Home Surrounding Clubs
Culture of Safety
We are continually working to keep our safety policies up-to-date and relevant to our communities and the children we serve. Our policies are designed to promote child safety and protect young people from threats. These policies and guidelines include:
- Incorporation of national safety standards
- Ongoing and annual staff and volunteer background checks
- Regular safety training for all staff (fire, intruder, earthquake etc.)
- First Aid, CPR & AED training for Staff
- Annual site safety assessments to make improvements
Mandatory Background Checks
All staff and volunteers are required to complete local and national criminal background checks through the DOJ and FBI live scan fingerprint database as well as through a 3rd party vendor for the National Sex Offender Registry and local county offenses. No adult visitor(s) are allowed into any of our locations without being escorted by a staff member at all times.
Required Immediate Reporting
Boys & Girls Clubs of Mid Central Coast staff are all mandated reporters. We are required by law to report any critical incident or safety concern to local authorities immediately, and to report any critical incident to Boys & Girls Clubs of America within 24 hrs.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Mid Central Coast has a dedicated board lead safety committee to provide input and guidance on local policies and safety strategies. Priorities and initiatives include:
- Regular facility safety assessments
- Annual review of safety policies and procedures
- Meetings held bimonthly to discuss any critical incidents or safety concerns.
State and Local Laws
We comply with all federal, state and local safety laws, including those that oversee facilities and vehicles.