Our Breakfast of Champions event was a delightful morning recognizing the donors, volunteers, staff and special friends who are committed to doing all they can to support youth on the Central Coast. Held at the Madonna Inn, over 80 community members joined the celebration which was emceed by Wendy Thies Sell. It was a wonderful morning where we could show our gratitude to the many individuals, businesses and service organizations who went above and beyond to serve local kids in 2023.
In addition, the Jr. Youth of the Year and the Youth of the Year from our Clubs were announced. The Youth of the Year–Abraham Carillo-Galindo, a Club Member from our Teen Program in Santa Maria–will go on to compete for Coastal Area Council Youth of the Year.
The awardees for 2023 are as follows:
- Volunteer of the Year–Janet Rhoades
- Service Group of the Year, SLO County–Atascadero Kiwanis Club
- Service Group of the Year, Santa Maria Valley–Santa Maria Kiwanis Club (Noontime)
- Business of the Year–Dignity Health
- Board Member of the Year–Audrey Dodd
- Medallion Award–Gene Runkle
- Staff MVP–Trish Hammond
- Staff “Whatever It Takes” Award–Kelly White O’Neill
- Youth Development Professional of the Year, SLO County–Natalia Esquivel
- Youth Development Professional of the Year, Santa Maria Valley–Erica Lopez
- Jr. Youth of the Year–Brady Turri, Creston Club
- Youth of the Year–Abraham Carillo-Galindo, Railroad Club (Santa Maria)
Special thanks to SLO Credit Union and Namu Love Photography for sponsoring this event.